L. J. Kiest questions

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Wed Mar 25 19:15:26 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 04:03:15PM -0500, L. J. Kiest wrote:
> Hello,

Hi

> am also trying to set up a business computer using Linux in place of
> Windows.

if you are using linux, you should be able to get gnucash directly
from your distributions package manager. It is included in most of the
popular distributions.

For windows, this link:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnucash/gnucash-2.2.9-setup.exe

should get it for you.

> Please be advised that I am a techno Luddite.  More features beyond
> those essential for existence just clutter my mind.  My company takes my
> full effort,
> I don't have time to read manuals.  If intuitive doesn't get it, it's
> worthless.  By the way, that applies to cell phones also.

well, then you may have some trouble. the gnucash documentation is
pretty good and is highly recommended for new users.