Bill System Questions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 28 19:21:45 EDT 2009

"David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> writes:

> As I try to convert over to using this module, I would like to ask
> others whether there are any positive or negative reasons for engaging
> this retroactively. I am thinking about applying the invoicing
> retroactively to the beginning of the year (and perhaps further), but
> wonder whether the effort is worth it. I honestly don't know what the
> pros or cons for this might be. And if I do, is there a way for me to
> link a pre-existing check transaction to a newly-created Gnucash bill,
> or is there some other way to handle that scenario?

Personally I feel that it's worthwhile to do so back to the start of
your accounting period, but it depends on how many invoices you have
between then and now.  It MIGHT be better to ignore those invoices
and just move forward from here to the end of the period.

Unfortunately invoice entry is a little cumbersome.