API or Perl module / SQL access?

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 23:10:51 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've recently been examining my own Gnucash XML file, and it seems to be a
pretty simple format overall, although with some features that allow for
increased flexiblity at the cost of a bit more drudgery when you're writing
code to parse it.

I think it's possible to have a simple script to insert transactions into
the Gnucash file. You just need a reliable way of generating guid's (like
`d99db3a3a5424056518871613624fd8b') for each split in your transaction. I'm
actually trying to parse my file right now using C# and the .NET XML
classes. Want to try out some data visualisation ideas on my financial data.