PROBLEM SIZING BALANCE COLUMN

Joel Thibault (Gnucash) ie37pjv02 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 1 21:39:48 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 7:44 PM, _ GBoor-at-comcast.net |Gnucash|
<9viykemjbi0t at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> Colin, I completely agree with you.   I have worked with scores of similar
> applications over the years and I have never encountered one in which
> re-sizing the columns works like GnuCash.   Decidedly, this is one area
> where the developers have not done what would work best.  But I had a
> thought - don't know if it will work at all, but if you were to change your
> type of account to something else just to work on the re-sizing problem,
> then change it back, would it make a change that would transfer over once
> you changed the account type back to mutual fund?   But I'm not sure if you
> would lose any data, so please don't try that until someone else tells you
> that you won't lose any data first...Just thinking outloud....

Why that's so crazy it just might work!

I tried it and I was indeed able to resize the Balance column once my
mutual fund accounts were a different type (I chose Bank).  After
switching back to Mutual Fund, I lost the ability to resize Balance
again.  BUT!  The Balance column had somehow become big enough to
display the full values.  So that's good enough.

There's still a bug somewhere here, but at least I have a good
workaround now.  Thanks for thinking outside the Mutual Fund box,
GBoor!

Joel

--
Joel Thibault [AIM: Jole Tebo]