Imported invoices and other problems...

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Sat May 2 09:01:25 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:07 AM, defaria <Andrew at defaria.com> wrote:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
> >

> If you disagree you're welcome to send in a patch to make it work the way
> you think it should.
>
> Oh yes! That's why I'm here. To do development work on yet another piece of
> software I'd much rather just use... You've already shown you are not open
> to doing it in a different way so my changes would probably not be
> incorporated into the main branch.  I would have to spend my time maintain
> my own version... Hmmm... I think I'll pass...

Wow. I've been very happily using Gnucash for years now and have been
subscribed to this newsgroup for about as long and can't remember seeing a
spoiled-brat attitude to rival yours. There's a *huge* difference between
free and not free, a distinction apparently lost on you. The people who
developed and develop Gnucash (and the rest of Gnu, Linux, FreeBSD, etc.) do
so  from a sense of sharing and community. You are behaving like an
aggrieved customer of a commercial product, which you are not. Derek's
invitation to provide some code if you don't like the way things are is a
core principle that makes the open source/free software world such a
wonderful oasis in the money-grubbing world in which we live. You clearly
don't understand that. With your attitude, you'd be better off with a
Windows box, buying money-management software from Intuit or Microsoft. When
you have complaints, which you will, you will not be "imposed upon" to
contribute code. You will also have zero chance of having your complaint
addressed. Enjoy!