Printing Account Hierarchy

Ken Heard ken at heard.name
Wed May 6 21:10:31 EDT 2009

In response Michael McKay wrote, off list:

> Your data should be fine.  That message is created when GNU Cash is
> terminated before it releases the lock on the file.  It is a useful
> behaviour if the data file is on a network accessed by more than one
person.
> In your case, simply open the file again and select "Open Anyway".  At
most,
> you will have lost that last few transactions you entered following
the last
> save.

Important information which I did not know.  I got this message once
before when gnucash crashed on me.  On that occasion I recreated by
account without loss of data by using the latest backup.  Now I know
that if I am the only user I can open the file after a crash anyway
without any worries.  Thank you.

> For printing reports, I'm on windows machines and I have to always export
> the report as an html file and then convert the html to a pdf.  Its
painful
> but it works.  On the developer's list, there has been much discussion of
> possible fixes and I'm hopeful we'll see a better approach in the next few
> releases.

Agreed.

Ken Heard, Toronto, Canada