Does --add-price-quotes also get currencies ?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu May 7 17:07:08 EDT 2009

On Thursday 7 May 2009, you wrote:
> > I can test this in about 5 minutes, but I would like to be sure that the
> > default config-path : $HOME/.gnucash is correct.
>
> I did the test anyway, and adding "--config-path $HOME/.gnucash" to the
> command has not made any change.  Either the config-path was wrong, or
> adding the --config-path argument was not the expected workaround. (?)
>

> Next idea is to login to Gnome desktop as root and change the system
> currency from USD to EUR, to see if it will affect the results of the
> cron job.
>

> AmigaPhil
That may solve your problem, but it's unlikely.

A quote from 'man 5 crontab':

       By default, cron will send mail using the mail ’Content-Type:’  header
       of  ’text/plain’  with  the  ’charset=’ parameter set to the charmap /
       codeset of the locale in which crond(8) is started up - ie. either the
       default  system  locale,  if no LC_* environment variables are set, or
       the  locale  specified  by  the  LC_*   environment   variables   (see
       locale(7)).  You can use different character encodings for mailed cron
       job output by setting the CONTENT_TYPE  and  CONTENT_TRANSFER_ENCODING
       variables  in  crontabs,  to the correct values of the mail headers of
       those names.

Although your issue is not with cron's e-mail capabilities, this paragraph
suggests that all cron scripts are executed under the locale that was active
when crond started.

You may be able to fix this by setting the proper LC_* environment variable at
the beginning of your script. From your e-mail address, I assume you live in
Belgium (as I do !) so your locale is 'be'. Start your crontab with
LC_ALL=be
If all goes well, the gnucash command you execute in your crontab should pick
this up and run with the proper locale.

Hope this helps,

Geert