Advanced Portfolio and dividend in cash (was: How to registeradividend in cash?)

Jannick Asmus jannick.news at gmail.com
Sat May 9 03:57:33 EDT 2009

"AmigaPhil" wrote:

Hi Amiga,

> So now my questions:
>
> - Are there any reason to make this method deprecated ?
>  (Other than the fact I won't see the dividends as incomes anymore.)

I was raking my brain about this too. Here is what I found out:

In order to see the dividend in both the income statement and the advanced
portfolio, book an ordinary transactions for incurring dividends (div
income -> bank, say) and make sure that you have an additional line
associated to your share account with the single entry 1 in the column
called something like "price" (sorry I do not know what it is called in the
English version, since I am working with the German version).

Note that the only way to enter this is in the window showing the
transactions of your share account. Do not try to enter this transaction in
window of the dividend income or bank account.

See the file attached with an example on this.

Best wishes,
J.