Entering Preexisting Shares

Jannick Asmus jannick.news at gmail.com
Mon May 11 05:12:44 EDT 2009

Hi,

did you try the setting options > commodities > price source: most recent in
the balance sheet report?

J.

"--- ---" <colonelpenguin at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:COL102-W6182B7A80EAE6EA8779F06C9640 at phx.gbl...

I have a question concerning the entering of pre-existing shares covered in
8.5.1 of the documentation.  Since stocks are very liquid I think it makes
sense to have have the current stock value reflect on ones total and current
equity.  Instead of specifying the purchase price under equity... I would
like to show the current worth.  My investment value currently updates
whenever I get quotes in the price editor, but the equity column remains
unchanged.  Am I thinking about this wrong... or is this a limitation of
GNUCash?

Thanks.