Are you the person supporting QIF imports?

Tom Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Wed May 13 17:53:53 EDT 2009

Charles,

Thanks for self-identifying.  As someone new to GnuCash I still have a
lot of reading to do and am not familiar yet with all the places to look
for answers to questions I am asking that may already have been addressed.

I have captured the QIF information discussed recently.  The obvious
requirement is to build QIF records that GnuCash accepts via the import
process and that the program treats in the expected manner.

Since I am at the beginning stages of a QuickBooks to GC conversion
program, it will be awhile before I have anything for anyone to look at
or test.  When I get closer to that point, will you be willing to accept
some test data to confirm that what I think works is created the way you
need?  While that request would come about after I had put some time
into the project, do you have anything that you want to caution me about
at the very beginning of the effort?

Thanks.

Tom