Currency online update - broken ?

AmigaPhil AmigaPhil at ping.be
Thu May 14 17:42:19 EDT 2009

 [ ... ]

> Then I tried this from console:
>
> Linux1:/usr/bin # gnc-fq-dump yahoo USDEUR=X
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>     symbol: USDEUR=X             <=== required
>       date: 05/13/2009           <=== required
>   currency: EUR                  <=== required
>       last: 0.7352               <=\
>        nav:                      <=== one of these
>      price: 0.7352               <=/
>   timezone:                      <=== optional
> Linux1:/usr/bin # gnc-fq-dump yahoo EURUSD=X
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>     symbol: EURUSD=X             <=== required
>       date: 05/13/2009           <=== required
>   currency: EUR                  <=== required
>       last: 1.3599               <=\
>        nav:                      <=== one of these
>      price: 1.3599               <=/
>   timezone:                      <=== optional
>

> Note that with BOTH commands, the returned value
> for "currency" is "EUR" (??)
>
> As it sounds, it's not a problem from GnuCash, but more
> likely Finance::Quote and Yahoo.
>
> Is it something broken on the Yahoo side that hopefully will
> soon be fixed by Yahoo ?
>
> Or worst, is Yahoo now trying to send HTTP responses based on the
> request's IP ?  (Can someone from USA try both commands ?)

I've forwarded the above message to the finance-quote-devel
mailing list, but because i'm not subscribed, my mail is probably
rejected.

In the meantime, I found this bug report (#46006) on :

Tried today to get USDEUR=X from yahoo, and the currency returned
still is EUR.

Tried also from yahoo_europe, but then the currency is completely
missing.

AmigaPhil