Changing to new financial year

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 19:56:42 EDT 2009

The way I do it is ....

After creating all of the reports that you need for the year ending, and after creating a backup copy of the year ending file, I transfer the balances from each Income and Expense account to an Equity account that I call Previous Retained Earnings. the resulting file is the one I use to do the next year. I haven't had time to explore the recently added feature in Gnucash.

HTH

Paul