Custom Reports and Backup

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 14:47:02 EDT 2009

I think Colin raises a very valid point: that customized reports ought to be stored with the data file they are customized for. Once one has put in the energy to configure and save a custom report, it should be available to any valid user of the data. It doesn't really apply to any other data set.

Unfortunately, I can imagine that this would be difficult to manage, given how Gnucash handles stored reports (that is, as separate scheme files). I wonder whether it would be possible to store the report/file name in the data file, and load reports based on such a list. Not being a programmer, I can only imagine how difficult this would be.

David