Capital One Bank Transaction Downloads

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Oct 3 22:54:53 EDT 2009

On Oct 3, 2009, at 7:03 PM, Doug wrote:

> Has anyone figured out what Capital One did to stop aqbanking from
> download transactions?
>
> After some playing around I think that the problem might be a
> challenge question. I think once you connect Capital One is
> requiring a challange response in order to complete the connection.
>
> Does any have some information or a possible fix?
> _

Quoting
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings
"Note on Capital One - credit card: Customer service states that
Capital One does not support Direct Connect services for credit card
accounts (as of 6/15/09). However, a manual download of transactions
from the web browser online access in ofx format, and subsequent
import into GnuCash, is possible and works well."

Regards,
John Ralls