Finance::Quote installation (on Windows XP)

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Tue Oct 6 02:34:05 EDT 2009

Norman Yeh wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> 1. Is the patch at the following URL? (Took me a while to find it :-)
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~ecocode/Finance-Quote-1.17/
> <http://search.cpan.org/%7Eecocode/Finance-Quote-1.17/>
yep, there it is.
It's also available from the Finance::Quote website at
http://finance-quote.sourceforge.net/
>  2. I am running the stable GC 2.2.9 under Windows XP with SP3.
> a. Which specific module(s) must I download?
> b. What specific steps must I take to install the patch?
arf. Windows XP is not one of my favorite platforms. I'm not used to
installing perl and modules to this platform.
Maybe other people are ?
I can imagine you're not the only Windows user and a installation guide
will probably be nice.
I'm also not a GnuCash developer. That really makes me a bad mentor here :/

I'll install a Windows virtual machine to figure this out, hopefully
this evening. Understanding GnuCash way of using F::Q would help a lot,
so I'll dig in the source of GnuCash also.

Would be cool if the developers of GnuCash could help me and answer
following questions:
- Does GnuCash installation install perl (and/or F::Q) also ?
- How does GnuCash find the perl it uses ?
- Is this specific to the installation platform ? (is this different for
Unix and Windows ?)

>  I would appreciate step-by-step instructions as I am NO programmer.
> Thank you!
I'm working on this ;)

--
Erik Colson