Will it do invoicing / payroll?

Frank_B d.m.s at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 8 19:42:29 EDT 2009

Tom:

I'm new to this type of message board as well, so I hope this works....

Thomas Bullock wrote:

>>From my perspective you need a project costing system that organizes your
work around each work project.  A project in my frame of reference is a cost
center associated with a customer's contract.   It is a place in your system
that collects labor (your employees' piecework charges), material (from
inventory or purchased specifically for the project reported on), and
overhead costs (various: shop supplies, payroll taxes, etc) as the work
moves toward completion.  Based on your software's ability and your
agreement with your customer you either have progress  billings (shown by
invoice) at specified and agreed on intervals during the life of the
project, or you have a billing for everything at project end (again shown on
your invoice).