Employee Expense Reports

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Tue Oct 27 15:03:19 EDT 2009

I need to know I should account for out-of-pocket expenses that my
company's employees (mostly myself) pay on behalf of the company.

I have a corporate checking account now so I shouldn't have to do this
much anymore, but I wasn't able to get that checking account until I
incorporated and got my Employer Identification Number.  I just
prepared monthly spreadsheets for all of my startup expenses, and the
total came to $750.

What I hope I can do is record the specific merchants that I paid, the
proper account for each transaction - such as technical books, web
hosting, and the fee for my incorporation - but with the result that a
liability will be recorded that is owed to me personally.

I expect to continue paying most of these merchants directly from the
company's checking account; it would be helpful if all of the payments
to them could be listed in one report, whether I paid them out of my
own pocket or the company paid them.

What I'm not able to see quite yet is how I can record the actual
recipients of my payments, but with money being owed to me personally.

Thanks again for all your help.  I am very excited about my new
company, but want to take care not to screw it up this time.

Mike
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote at dulcineatech.com