gnucash won't open

houndhen hh6199 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 12:14:11 EDT 2009

Did a search but didn't see anything that solved my problem.

I got the message about it could not get a lock on the database and I told
it to open anyway and that didn't help. Then I went to my home page where
the database is kept and deleted the LCK and LNK files that are zero bites.
Now it acts like it is going to open but it doesn't. I can see the activity
in the bar at the bottom before it opens but then it goes away. Now it is
back to not gettting a lock on the file. I clicked on "open anyway" but
nothing happens. I just tried to open it from the console and after clicking
on "open anyway" I get the message 'Segmentation fault'.

I am running Mepis 8 and Gnucash 2.2.6-2 version. I was just using it last
night with no problems. How do I get it to open?

Thanks
Harold