gnucash won't open

houndhen hh6199 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 16:02:46 EDT 2009

I just tried something. I also have Mint 7 KDE installed and working on my
computer. I booted into it and copied the Gnucash data file from my Mepis 8
home page and pasted it into the Mint 7 home page. Of course I renamed the
old one first.

GC opened the copied file with no problems and it seemed that all of my
input from yesterday was there. I then entered another transaction and saved
it. I also saved it to a flash drive and went back into Mepis and renamed
the original data file and copied from the flash drive to my Mepis home
folder and tried to open Gnucash. It didn't open the file. It acted like
before when it looked like it was going to open but in fact didn't. There
must be some file associated with GC in my Mepis home folder that is causing
the problem. What if I delete all the files in that folder except the main
data file?