Cannot get online quotes using vwd as provider

Joern Gebhardt joern.gebhardt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 18:59:47 EDT 2009

Hi,

I tried to get online quotes using the vwd provider but it leads to an error
in gnucash that the quotes couldn't be retrieved.
However, if I use the following command:

joern at ubuntu:/usr/bin$ gnc-fq-dump vwd 709335
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: 709335               <=== required
      date: 09/13/2009           <=== required
  currency: EUR                  <=== required
      last: 56.08                <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 56.08                <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

I receive the quotes, date etc correctly.

When I execute gnc-fq-helper I get this:

joern at ubuntu:/usr/bin$ echo '(vwd "709335")' | gnc-fq-helper
Use of uninitialized value $result in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/bin/gnc-fq-helper line 220.
(("709335" (symbol . "709335") (gnc:time-no-zone . failed-conversion) (last
. 56.08) (currency . "EUR")))

It seems that the date cannot be evaluated correctly for some reason.
Does anybody know, what I can do in order to use vwd as stock quote
provider?

Thanks in advance,
Jörn