PPC-2.2.9.2 Crashing on saves

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Sep 22 23:02:24 EDT 2009

On Sep 22, 2009, at 9:50 AM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2009, at 12:48 PM, FLexBravo wrote:
>

>> I am a new user.  Actually I'm not really a user at all since I
>> can't get
>> Gnucash to save anything with out instantly crashing.  When I click
>> SAVE it
>> goes to a screen that allows you to type in a name to save as.
>> When I try
>> to type anything, it instantly crashes.  Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks for the report. I've replicated the crash and begun debugging.

Well, debugging didn't exactly go according to plan. On PPC, the debug
build works. In fact, substituting three libraries with debug versions
(libgdk-quartz, libgtk-quartz, and libgobject) prevents the bug. So
I've uploaded gnucash-ppc-2.2.9.dmg to sourceforge. I hope that it
will get you going.

In the meantime, substituting debug versions on i386 (yes, i386 shows
the same problem) still produces the crash, so I've got a little
leverage to try and figure out what's really going on. A full debug
build works fine, even on i386.

I do hate that kind of bug.

Regards,
John Ralls