Gnucash 2.2.9 for Windows no longer remembers certain settings

Mark Jones authentic8 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 08:35:22 EDT 2010

That's what's confusing me, because I deleted the .gconf folder and
expected it to be rebuilt in my home folder when I re-installed Gnucash
or just restarted the application but that doesn't happen. I am certain
this is where the problem lies because I can see the content of this
folder relates to my preferences, but it appears that Windows Gnucash is
just ignoring it.

Any more help gratefully received.
Thanks
Mark