modified text of printable invoice not saved

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 19 21:54:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

kevin lo <kachiservice at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm currently running gnucash 2.2.9 on windows xp sp3.
>
> How do you keep the modified text in the text tab of printable invoice
> permanent.
>
> Everytime i exit and start gnucash my modified text reverts back to the
> original text.
>
> The steps i took to produce this message are:
> -select printable invoice from reports>business>printable invoice.
> -click on options and select the text tab.
> -modify text and click ok. the modified text appears.
> -exit and start gnucash and repeat the above steps again. the modified text
> has disappeared.

I would make sure that you remove a "close the report tab/window"
prior to the "exit gnucash" stage.  And then in the "repeat" step,
instead of going back to the Reports -> Business -> Printable Invoice
menu item, just select the already opened Printable Invoice tab/window,
go to the Report Options page, and then select the new invoice.