Sharing Database - Windows/XP

Phillip Richcreek pwrichcreek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:08:22 EDT 2010

I want to access  gnucash accounts from two computers, with both
having read/write access. When I open the database I get message
"gnucash could not obtain the lock for \\Dell-8250-den\network shared
files\GnuCash\Account Database". I choose the option to "open the
database for read only" and the accounts show up as expected -- so I
know I'm able to access the desired file, but apparently for
read-only.

I suspect that this is a Windows issue, but I wonder if anyone
subscribed here has experience with this configuration and if so, can
help me understand what I need to change in my Windows sharing setup?
I'm running Windows/XP SP3 with all patches up to date.

TIA,

Phil