Advanced Portfolio Report

Mike Roberts Mike at roberts-engineering.com
Thu Apr 29 22:15:37 EDT 2010

I just created and printed the Advanced Portfolio Report.  It looks to be a
pretty good report for estimating Realized and Unrealized Gains.  I do have
a couple of problems with it and I hope I am just missing something.

First, I cannot seem to control or even figure out the sort order.  The
stocks and funds are all there, but do not show what their parent account
(brokerage account) is.  All the stock and fund accounts are there and are
grouped by parent account, but are not in the same order that they are
listed on my accounts Tab.  Then within the parent account, the stock and
fund accounts are also not in any order I can determine.

Is it possible to get the Full Account Name as in the Transaction Report?
Is it possible to force the sort order?

My other problem is that when printing, I select landscape, but I can't seem
to control the column widths or margins for either the Advanced Portfolio
Report or the Transaction Report.  My printer (HP LaserJet 2100) cuts off
the cents column of the Brokerage Fees or Totals column because it has
reached its print limit.  Is there a way to control column widths or
margins?  Changing font size doesn't seem to help.

I am running GnuCash 2.2.9 on a Vista PC.

Mike