German translation

jh juergen.hoewener at t-online.de
Thu Aug 12 16:30:11 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 17:16 +0200, Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:

> > I wonder if I could be helpful in translating
> > some of the texts into German. I'm not a professional though and the
> > howtos are a bit confusing to me.
> > Cheers, Juergen
>
> Great, because most parts of gnucash-doc are untranslated. IMHO the guide
> would be more useful for the users. First steps, how to start are described
> in
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#How_to_translate_the_GnuCash_guide_and.2For_help_files .
> Another place, probably easier to start, could be the wiki.
>
> Cheers
> Frank

Except for a few headers, there seems to be no German translation for
version 2.3.14

Before dashing into translating the whole guide, I would like to know:
1. is anybody else currently working on a German translation? If yes, we
should make a plan how to divide this job.
2. What is the correct systematic GnuCash translater approach how to
coordinate such a job?
3. I assume, that there have been multiple previous attempts to
translate earlier versions of the guide into German. How would I find
the most complete previous translation?
4. Is there a sample data base to generate all the screenshots?
5. Is there a German forum to ask all these questions (and probable
more) in German?

Cheers, Juergen