monthly expense report w/o income or deposits

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Aug 13 07:58:58 EDT 2010

PeterS wrote:

>Sorry - I've been spoiled by MS Money but I'm used to generating monthly
>expense reports with no deposits/income.  I need to have all the expenses
>broken down and totaled - ex:
>
>UTILITIES
>   - Electric     $100.00
>   - Gas          $ 80.00
>   - Delivery    $ 90.00
>       TOTAL UTILITIES       $270.00
>
>Thanks for helping - this software is great - better than the $200 Peachtree
>I sent back.

And what exactly is your question?

Are you asking what report you want to use for that?
   That would be the "Income Statement" (aka, "Profit & Loss" aka
"Revenue Statement:). You select just expense account to be included and
if they disturb you, later discard any otherwise empty lines related to
Income (the title of the report itself you can change as an option when
you select the accounts to be included). That there is no subtotal at
the parent level, just the total below (as in your example) is also
option settings. Of course that Utlities is the parent and Electric,
Gas, and Delivery under it as children is determined by how you define
your account tree (aka "chart of accounts")

Michael