Start gnucash

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Aug 26 04:10:09 EDT 2010

On Thursday 26 August 2010, Richard Henry Peddie wrote:
> Hi Geert,
>
> When I run new file, the input for start amount is not there.
>
> Is there a way to uninstall & start again?
>
> Richard H. Peddie.

I'm not sure what you are missing. Do you want to set opening balances for
your new accounts ? You can do this in the step right after the step where you
select the accounts you want in your book.

On the other hand, the opening balance is just a transaction like any other,
where the other account is Equity->Opening Balance. So if you forgot to set
opening balances during the assistent, you can easily set opening balances
manually later, by creating such transactions.

There should be no need to uninstall & start again.

Geert

P.S. Please send all replies to the list. Thank you.