New mortgage setup confusion

kodell kaodell at softcom.net
Tue Dec 28 16:50:51 EST 2010

The help documentation suggests that I use Actions>New Account Hierarchy to
set up a mortgage in GnuCash. However when I did that, the mortgage does not
appear in my Accounts list, and is a separate file in my documents folder.
The file does not open with GnuCash. Reading posts on this board, it looks
like people are setting up their mortgages manually, with all of the
pertinent accounts being set up individually. I'm confused, and clearly a
GnuCash newbie! Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Kate