Keep search menu open

Graham Lane grahamlane at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 10:22:36 EST 2010

I actually really like the search window as it is. I just want it to stay
put, like Invoices, Customer search does.  The task bar shows it as a
separate window and I can just mouse to it, and enter the search.
 (this is very specific to what I am doing, but): My hands are not on the
letter keys often, I am using the mouse in right hand and my left is on the
number pad.  This is why just mousing over to the task bar/click on the
search window, click the entry bar, and type the number would be sooooo much
easier than re-opening the search each time. A dialog box would probably
work too, but it seems that the search window as it is could be fixed to
stay open easier than adding a whole different search system.

Often I am searching for a number that may or may not be accurate, so having
the full search window open would be better than a simple search bar. The
Find Transaction window is fantastic, and very powerful. I just want it to
stay open.