Line of credit Interest payment question

John Edwards jedwards80 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 20:55:03 EST 2010

My inclination would be to separate the HELOC interest from your mortgage
interest, since they are different loans. If you set the interest up as a
different account, that will allow to determine the cost of borrowing for
each of your loans/mortgages/lines of credit separately.

There may be tax reasons to do so as well, if the tax treatment of mortgage
interest is different than that of a home equity line of credit.

John Edwards