Query about receivables ageing

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Jan 12 18:56:33 EST 2010

On Tuesday 12 January 2010 19:41:41 Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, Derek Atkins wrote:

> > That's because you set and "end date" of Dec 31, 2010.  So the bill
> > due in January is well over 91-days out-of-date.
>
> I don't comprehend that logic.

I have to agree that my first reaction was "huh?".  I realised that it does
make sense, if you regard the ageing report "end date" much as you would
regard the date setting for, say, the balance sheet report. IE the end date
is effectively the date the report is run.   It makes much more sense if you
run the report over some period in history, rather than going into the
future.

> > For more reasonable results set a report end-date of "Today".
> >
> > -derek
>
> It's been "Current year start" to "Current year end" ever since I made this
> custom report (about 5 years ago). So I've changed the end date to "today"
> and I'll wait for another month and see what the report does next month.

My customer ageing reports seem to default to ending "Today" which seems to be
sensible.  But I'm still on GC 2.2.7  maybe the something changed in 2.2.9,
which hadn't seen a change of year until a few days ago. I don't know.

Odd.
Maf.