Double entry accounting with "double entry statement import"

Paweł Zając pavzaj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 06:44:27 EDT 2010

Hello,
My bank doesn't offer any online banking interfaces nor QIF/OFX format
statements. I can only download CSV formatted statements form my online
banking website. I have a script, which can convert these CSV statements to
OFX format. Let's assume I have a checking account and a savings account and
I download statements from both. Sometimes I transfer money between them. In
checking account statement I have transaction e.g. "100 $ out" and in
savings account I have corresponding "100$ in". When I import both
statements transactions "in" and "out" doesn't correspond anymore. I can't
mark " checking out" transaction as a transfer to savings, because savings
already has "savings in" imported from a statement. How could I manage such
situation?

Regards
Paweł