Report customization nightmare

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Tue Jun 29 16:27:43 EDT 2010

On 6/29/2010 4:21 PM, Paul Schwartz had this to say:
> rather than moaning about the state of reports, etc.,

I perfer to think of my post as agreeing to the 2 other posters, and
stating my opinions as a user of the product, and not "moaning". :-)

> I choose to use Gnucash together with OpenOffice to get a very acceptable solution to accounting maintenance.

As you say ... that's what you choose to do.

> Perfect? Certainly not. But the best solution I have found.

It's still good enough for me to use to keep my personal finances, and
have, for almost a year. And will continue to do so. But saying that
does not mitigate the fact that the report customization is not at the
level where any standard user can make use of it, without a
(significant?) amount of learning, that is only applicable to one aspect
of GnuCash.