Where is the invoice reports option?

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 09:33:44 EST 2010

On Friday March 5 2010 05:09:45 Thomas Cook Smith wrote:
> Everytime I post an invoice, I have to go into Options to remove fields
> that are unnecessary.  Is there a method to set the defaults
> permanently?
> Regards,
> Tom

The file you need to edit is invoice.scm
On my Fedora 11 system it's in /usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/
If you're happy to edit the file, you'll probably have to do it as root and
*make a backup* first.

The options are from lines 241 (ish) and look like :

(gnc:register-inv-option
   (gnc:make-simple-boolean-option
    (N_ "Display Columns") (N_ "Tax Amount")
    "m" (N_ "Display each entry's total total tax") #f))

Change the #f to #t and vice versa  to get the default values you want.

Did I mention to backup first?

Mike E

--
GPG Key: 1024D/050895C2