Foreign Currency results in non balanced balance sheet

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Mar 7 23:27:16 EST 2010

On Mar 8, 2010, at 5:01 PM, c-a-l wrote:

> I learned almost EVERYTHING has to originate in an account defined
> in US
> dollars.

I don't think that is correct.  I have accounts in about a dozen
currencies in my GnuCash file and have not seen this problem.  My
default currency is US$ and I frequently enter transactions that have
no US$ split, or transactions with US$ splits originating in a
register for an account based on another currency, and it works fine.

               Mike