unstable version installation in Ubuntu

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Wed Mar 10 09:57:33 EST 2010

I'd personally stick with the 2.2.9 unless there is something in 2.3.10
that you've got to got to have right now, for a couple reasons:

1) 2.2.9 is "packaged" on Ubuntu, making it possible to easily
install/remove/update it, 2.3.x is not

2) 2.2.9 works

3) 2.3.x may spontaneously crash

Right now, I use 2.2.9 for my "real" accounts, though I compile 2.3.x
for development.

Jeff