Unrealized Losses on Balance Sheet

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 14 12:05:31 EDT 2010

The solution to your problem is in the Help>Tutorial under selling
shares.  You need to add another transaction split with xyz stock-zero
shares-zero price/share-credit $loss and income/capital gains-debit
$loss.  This will eliminate the unrealized gains since it tells GC what
to do with the loss amount as discussed in a previous response.
Mike