Complete removal of GnuCash for true clean install

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 18 10:17:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

Rolf Endres <endresr at googlemail.com> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> How do I completely remove everything that was ever installed through
> GnuCash - I want to achieve a truly clean install given the challenges
> I am facing with downloading stock quotes and online banking (reported
> in an earlier email to this list). That would also include
> deinstalling any associated programmes - I'm thinking of OpenSSL (is
> that related?) and Activeperl.

Well, uninstalling GnuCash should uninstall all the things it brings in
(including OpenSSL, but not including ActivePerl).  You will then need
to delete everything in .gnucash, .gconf, and .gconfd in your user's homedir.