Using Dark Theme - Reports are White on White

Snood snood at comcast.net
Sat May 1 15:20:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

This is a very minor issue for me in software that does a superb job of
meeting my accounting needs. The problem also has an easy workaround, so
-- if it is a bug -- it's most certainly a minor one.

System SW Setup:

Debian Squeeze (Testing)
GnuCash 2.2.9 from Debian main repository
Desktop Environment: Xfce 4.6.1

Due to an issue with my eyesight / migraine syndrome I am trying to use
a dark theme, what Xfce calls the "dusk" appearance theme. All GnuCash
functions are intact with dialogs having taken on the black background /
white fonts and the register windows having kept their normal striped
appearance. (I use the transaction journal view.)

The only downside to using GnuCash in this dark theme is that the
reports are apparently generated with white text on a white background.
If I print a report it prints normally, and if I export it to an html
document that is also legible. So it's not a serious issue or even much
of a bug (if, indeed, it is something intrinsic to GnuCash and not the DE).

The only other minor glitch in this dark theme is that the scheduled
transaction editor has slightly difficult-to-read color combinations.

I may eventually be able to affect one or both of these issues by
changing desktop environment settings, but I haven't had any luck as of yet.

I'm only reporting this because it just seemed odd to me that the report
would behave so much differently from the other parts of the application.

If you have specific suggestions that I might try, or if you think I
should actually file a bug report, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sam