XAU

Divakar Ramachandran divakar07 at dataone.in
Fri May 7 13:01:32 EDT 2010

Thanks. Actually I am interested in tracking my personal jewelery and
stuff made of gold, silver etc, which I have added into Assets/Fixed
Assets under Jewelry etc. I would like to track their monetary value as
I do other stocks and mutual funds and have assigned the commodity as
XAU. When I use the online fq update, it gets a number for XAU that is
not related to what I want which is the cost of gold in the Indian
market in Indian Rupees per gram, or other convertible unit of weight.

So, when you say Gold was at a high of USD 1212, is this down loadable
automatically in GnuCash / gnc-fq-dump? And is there an option somewhere
to get it in INR instead?

Thanks,
Divakar

On 07/05/2010 08:26, Aleksandr wrote:
> THE XAU is an index of precious metal stocks.
>
> Glad to see someone's interested in real wealth instead of asinine paper
> and paper money.  Today, Gold was at a high of $1,212 USD.

*Divakar Ramachandran* Anupuram, TN 603127, _INDIA_