Date error in WinXP vs. Ubuntu

Andrew S akinstur at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 18:54:31 EDT 2010

My wife and I are using GnuCash, she on WinXP and me on Ubuntu 8.10. We would like to pass the data files back and forth, so that she can enter things on her computer and I on mine. But I have noticed the following problem: All dates are reported as being one day earlier on WinXP than on Ubuntu. For example, dates that show up as May 7, 2010, on Ubuntu show up as May 6, 2010, on Windows. Obviously this has the potential to create lots of problems. What can I do to fix it?