Suppressing currency symbol "CAD"?

Tarver tarverator at yahoo.ca
Fri May 14 16:47:04 EDT 2010

Hi, I am new to GnuCash and this list, and I am very excited about learning
GnuCash.  :)

I am in Canada, but I keep my Linux box set the USA locale because more
software just works that way.  I have set Preferences:Reports:Default Report
Currency:Choose to "CAD" Canadian dollars.  When I run a report in GnuCash,
every amount is prepended with the currency code "CAD" which is true but
distracting.  Is there a way to suppress the display of "CAD", or make it
just a dollar sign?  All of my accounts are in Canadian dollars, although I
will have some USD expenses this summer.

Thanks,
  --Tarver

--
Everything is the way it is because it got that way.