Paid version of GNUCash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat May 15 11:23:29 EDT 2010

On May 15, 2010, at 8:00 AM, Shenbaga Kumar S wrote:

> Hi
> I heard that there is a paid version of GNUCash which is not free and has
> addiitonal features. I just want to confirm if there is any such version or
> it is just a rumour.

No, Gnucash is free (as in speech) software licensed under the Gnu Public License. There is no dual-licensing scheme.

There are some eBay sellers who bundle up Gnucash on a CD and sell it for around $10. Many of them are less than honest about whose work it is that they're selling. It's possible, of course, that they've added features. Unlikely, but possible.

Regards,
John Ralls