A quickfill problem and an enhancement suggestion

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Wed Apr 6 16:46:47 EDT 2011

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 10:26:18 -0400
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> writes:
>
> > It doesn't work exactly like that for me. It chooses far too soon
> > what the item will be so I get strange things where my continuing
> > typing gets added onto the choice it made.
> > I have upgraded since I mentioned this,
> > GnuCash 2.4.2
> > Built 2011-02-13 from r20253M
>
> I've seen that in some windows in the 2.0 series, but haven't seen it
> in a while.  Also, it does depend on the interface.  The register
> worked differently than, say, the Transfer dialog.
>
> Are you still seeing this behavior?

Yes, I see this because I am happily typing away without checking the
screen - say i'm looking at the receipt - and when I check the screen I
have got the wrong petrol station
Just for the experiment, I'm entering in a liability account where this
happens - I buy company fuel from my personal accounts, and it doesn't
happen if i am entering in the expense account or the asset account