Qif import problems

fairlight fairlight at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 07:10:02 EDT 2011

I am merely an end user with both personal and small business accounting
needs.  I decided to give GnuCash a try but I'm wondering if I'm in over my
head.  I am trying to import a qif file and get the following error message:

Line 3: File does not appear to be in QIF format:      !Type:Bank
Read aborted.

This confuses me as the file I am importing was exported from my banks
website and is a qif file.  Any advise?  I catch on pretty quick.

fairlight