How to "close" an savings account?

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Sat Aug 27 18:03:29 EDT 2011

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

> "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Colin--
>>
>> I reported this as a bug (#39713)5 back in 2007, along with the workaround. I have come to see it as a "Quirk" rather than a bug.
>
> It is arguable whether it is a bug or feature that you can hide an
> account from the CoA but leave it in the autofill/popup menu.  It's also
> arguable whether it's a bug or feature that hiding from the
> autofill/popup is tied to making the account read-only.

Hi Derek, given that the documentation (for 2.2 anyway) says, "The check
box Hidden marks this account (and any sub-accounts) to be hidden in the
account tree and not appear in the pop-up account list in the register,"
I'd call showing the hidden accounts in the popup a bug, unless the
documentation has been updated in 2.4.

Regardless of the documentation, I'd call it a bug to show a hidden
account in the popup :-). Checking the Placeholder option, particularly
when the account has transactions, to fully hide an account doesn't seem
right.

I've added this text to #39713. Thanks, David.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com> aka <Bill.Wohler at nasa.gov>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/