debits, credits and reversals.

Jim & Grace Flowers dondiegoflores at verizon.net
Sun Aug 28 16:03:56 EDT 2011

Colin,

I don't know of any philosophical reason, but there is a definite
bookkeeping reason.  One reason why debits must be recorded as credits and
credits recorded as debits in a reversing transaction is for audit purposes.
You personally may not need it for your personal accounts, but it is
definitely needed for business transactions.

To keep bookkeeping and accounting rules as simple and uncomplicated as
possible, the same rules apply to both personal and business transactions.

Hope this helps.

Jim