customer summary: how comes the "expense" field?

Yu Liansu yuliansu at realss.com
Fri Dec 2 02:45:48 EST 2011

Hello.

Customer Summary lists profit and expense of each customer. I know
gnucash must have calculated customer from invoices, but how does it
know the expense of each customer? The expense are transactions
involving expense accounts, some of them linked to Bills, so I can
imagine gnucash have enough information to give a "supplier & service
provider summary" with expense column, but how does it associate expense
with customers?

In my customer report, all customers have an expense of "0", except one
with 9443.00.

Thanks in advance!

--
Yu Liansu, web professional.