Custom reports not showing up

Mark gnucash at instruform.com
Wed Dec 21 22:49:14 EST 2011

Hi people

I am running Gnucash 2.4.8 on Windows 7. The only way I have been able
to get a custom report to work is to physically replace a report in the
C:\Program Files
(x86)\gnucash\share\gnucash\guile-modules\gnucash\report folder. It then
works, as designed. Using the conventional system in the documentation
does not.

To reproduce this problem:
copy hello-world.scm to C:\Users\mark\.gnucash\hello-world2.scm, create
a C:\Users\mark\.gnucash\gnucash-user file and insert:
(load "C:\\Users\\mark\\.gnucash\\hello-world2.scm")
In C:\Users\mark\.gnucash\hello-world2.scm,  change the define-module
statement to: (define-module (gnucash report hello-world2))
Change the report-guid to report-guid "898d78ec92854402bf76e20a36d24adf"
Append a 2 to the menu-name: menu-name (N_ "Sample Report with Examples2")

(obviously "mark" above needs to change to the local user name to work
on another machine)

I then save everything and restart Gnucash. The report menu steadfastly
refuses to display the new script in the reports menu tree. Has
something changed in the system that has deprecated the custom reports
or their implementation method? Alternatively, have misunderstood the
process? Please help.

Regards
Mark